The Flash document has a Color Palette Web safe 216 colors by default.
The Color Palette it is used to define colors for strokes, shapes and text, it is opened wen you click on the "Stroke Color" or "Fill Color" butons. It has various ways to set /choose a color you want to use, as you can see in the image below.
Panel with Color palette
- To make a transparency level to the color, click on the number from Alpha and add a value between 0 and 100 (bigger value, more transparency).
- When you click the Color Wheel button, Flash opens a window to create and use custom color, by clicking a color from the "Color window", or setting HSB (Hue, Saturation, Brightness) or RGB values (Red, Green or Blue).
Window opened from Color Wheel button
Select a "Location" under the "Custom colors", define the color you want to use, click Add to Custom Colors button, and click OK.
The colors added to the "Custom Colors" can be redefined and used as long as Adobe Flash application remains opened. When you close the Flash application, the Custom colors will be deleted.
Add and save new colors in the Color Palette
You can also create and save new colors, so you can reuse them again without having to try to recreate them.
Flash allows you to create and save new colors for strokes and fills in several ways in the Color panel. You can edit a color's RGB values (assigning it different levels of Red, Green or Blue), HSB values (assigning it different Hue, Saturation, Brightness), and Alpha (transparency).
To create and save a custom color swatch, follow these steps:
- Click Window menu -> Color. This will open the Color panel with options to create custom color, by using HSB, RGB, Alpha and hexadecimal code (see the image below):
- Click a color from the Color window, or from "Stroke Color", or "Fill Color" icons in Color Panel.
- Click a RGB or HSB option, and then adjust the color RGB value (between 0 and 255) or HSB percentage (between 0 and 100). To make the color with transparency, enter an alpha value (between 0 and 100).
- You can also specify a color using a hexadecimal number in the field with the '#' sign.
- Click the Options button in the panel (top-right corner), and then click Add Swatch. Your color is automatically added in the Swatches panel, under the other 216 colors (next to Gradient colors).
- If you select Bitmap fill from the option list (where "solid color" is), you can add / import a picture to be used as a color.
- Click Window -> Swatches, it will open the Swatches panel, with the new swatch at the bottom of the list next to the gradients, as shown in the image below.
- Click the Options button on the panel, and then click Save as Default. Now the new color palete is saved as default.
Delete Swatch deletes a color selected it the "Swatches panel".
Clear Colors delete all colors, keeping black and white only.
Web 216 restore the original color palette, with 216 colors.