The search system combine MySQL full text with SQL regexp, and words weight according to their location in the HTML elements, to determine the relevance of the search results.
- Can be included in any web site to create search engine for your website.
• You can download the script from this link: Download SSEP - Version 1.7 (85 KB).
• To test this Site Search Engine script, click: Demo
- Intuitive and easy to use Admin Panel, with a simple adminstration interface, and info mark description to each function.
- Suports both PDO and MySQLi for accessing MySQL databases in PHP.
- Crawl and index web site pages automatically (can follow redirects).
- Option to Include Subdomains.
- Options to control indexed URLs: by link's Depth, by Maximum number of URLs to crawl, by URL Must-Include, or Must-Exclude "strings".
- Crawl and index the links in the XML Sitemap.
- You can register to Crawl and Index multiple domains.
- Stop words excluded from searches.
- Option to remove parts of the page / HTML elements from being indexed.
- Keeps in the indexed content the text added in the "alt" attribute of the <img> tags (which are outside the removed parts).
- Option to Build XML Sitemap with the indexed pages.
- Posibility to Crawl and index domain automatically with Cron Jobs.
- Easy to translate in other languages.
- The Search results are loaded via Ajax (without refreshing the search page). This option can also be disabled.
- Paginated serch results.
- Option to choose Infinite or Standard pagination.
- Search Suggestions.
- List with last and top searches.
- The search results are ordered by a Score calculated according to the HTML elements in which the searched word is located (Title, Description, H1, Strong, ... and other tags, eaven the URL page address).
- Cache files system for the search results.
- Search Page with valid HTML5 format, and Responsive design (working on Mobile Device too).
- CSS and HTML template easy to customize it, to add new elements in search page, and to change the design.
- PHP 5.4+ (with cUrl enabled)
- MySQL 5.2+
1. Download the SSEP - Site Search Engine PHP-Ajax (from the link above), and extract the archive.
2. Open the "readme.html" file (in the "ssep/" folder) and follow the instructions.
- You just have to edit the config.php file (in the "ssep/php/" folder).
- Click on images:
SSEP - Dashboard
SSEP - Crawl and Index
SSEP - Only Indexation
SSEP - Advanced Settings
Search Page - Mobile 1
Search Page - Mobile 2
• This script is Free, you can use, modify and publish it freely.
- (v: 1.7) Link to Log-Out.
- (v: 1.6) New Feature: Php file that can be used to index registered domain automatically with Cron Jobs.
- (v: 1.5) New Feature: Option to include Subdomains.
- (v: 1.4) SSEP checks PHP version. Posibility to create the main tables by accesing a specified URL (see in "readme.php").
- (v: 1.3) Added Search Suggestions feature.
- (v: 1.2) Added list of files (extensions) that must be excluded from indexing.
This is a