Using the audio uploader addon for CKEditor

Place for comments, problems, questions, or any issue related to the JavaScript / PHP scripts from this site.
chill

Using the audio uploader addon for CKEditor

Hi Admin,

I have no problem with using the audio uploader addon for CKEditor , but there are a couple of issues...

When an audio is uploaded to the server and put into their assigned sub directory, is that the only time and way when you can add that particular audio to your post? I ask this because when I created a new post, I tried to add that particular audio file from the sub directory, but the ckeditor would not add it as an audio, but rather as an image, so it didn't work.

The other problem I have is, I'm not able to delete the audio from the post when I'm in edit mode. I don't want to enable the source view for security reasons, so is there a way to be able to delete an audio file in ckeditor's edit mode? Thank you for your continuance help and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Charles

Admin Posts: 805
Hello Charles,
What CKeditor version are you using?
I made the image /audio upload addon a few yers ago when CKeditor was at version 4.5.3.
If you use a new version it is possible that the addon is not compatible with that version or other plugins.
Try test the CKeditor 4.5.3 with the upload addon included, from: coursesweb.net/javascript/ckeditor-image-browse_s2

The audio element can be deleted in CKeditor edit mode if there is a character or space after the audio element. It is deleted together with the firstt character that comes after it.
Try make the following change. Open the iaupload.php file and add a space before and after the audio start and ending tag (Line 73), or download again the plugin from this website.

chill Posts: 7
Hi Admin
Try make the following change. Open the iaupload.php file and add a space before and after the audio start and ending tag (Line 73), or download again the plugin from this website.
It worked. Thanks again for your help.
Try test the CKeditor 4.5.3 with the upload addon included, from: coursesweb.net/javascript/ckeditor-image-browse_s2
The image directory for the demo is not working properly. Its showing an error...

Regards,
Charles

Admin Posts: 805
The image directory for the demo is not working properly. Its showing an error...
If you refer to the Demo version from the site, to the window that is opened by the "Browse Server" button; it is working now, Thank you.
The Upload option is just for Demo, it not puts the file on this server.

If the problem is in the version that can be downloaded from this site, just set the correct path to the Root folder with images in the $root variable in imgbrowse.php file {Line 6), (ckeditor/plugins/imgbrowse/ folder).