Paint Bucket Tool, Ink Bottle Tool
and Eyedropper Tool
are on the Tools panel, they can be used to set or change the color of the lines and shapes you draw.
In the button with the "Paint Bucket Tool" there is "Ink Bottle Tool", as it's shown in the picture below.
Paint Bucket and Ink Bottle
The Paint Bucket can be used to define or to add a color to a shape (Fill), it uses the current color set in the Fill Color
The Ink Bottle tool holds the properties you've set for strokes in any of the palettes. When you click an object with this tool, it will change the properties of its stroke (color, line weight and style) or add a stroke if that object doesn't have one.
Using Ink Bottle
- In the Tools panel, click the Ink Bottle or press S.
- In the Properties panel, set the options for stroke (color, line weight and style).
- Click an object on the Stage. Its stroke updates with the new attributes.
Using Paint Bucket
- In the Tools panel, click the Paint Bucket or press K.
- In the Tools panel, select the Fill Color icon, and choose a color.
- Click in the fill of a shape on the Stage. The fill updates to the new color
- If you select multiple objects and then click on one of them with the Paint Bucket or Ink Bottle, it will affect all selected objects.
Click to see the presentation below.
Example Paint Bucket and Ink Bottle
If there's a gap in the outline surrounding a shape, Flash may not be able to tell where your fill stops and the stage begins, and might not let you apply a fill color with Paint Bucket.
To tell Flash to ignore small gaps surrounding your fill, in the Options section of the Tools panel, click Gap Size
. Then, from the pop-up menu that appears, select Close Small Gaps, Close Medium Gaps
, or Close Large Gaps
. Then try to modify your fill again.
Gap size options
With the Eyedropper tool
you can select the attributes of a shape (fill and stroke color, line weight and style), and then transfer them to other shapes. This tool detects whether you are selecting a stroke or a fill, and then changes into the Ink Bottle (when selecting strokes) or the Paint Bucket (when selecting fills), see the image below.
- Click the Eyedropper tool on the Tools panel.
- Position the eyedropper over the stroke or fill of a shape
- When you are positioned over a stroke, a tiny pencil appears next to the tool. When you click on the stroke the Eyedropper becomes an "Ink Bottle".
- When you are positioned over a fill, a tiny paint brush appears next to the tool. When you click on the fill the Eyedropper becomes a "Paint Bucket".
- Click on the area of another shape to transfer the selected attributes
Daily Test with Code Example
Which HTML5 tag can be used to embed an external application (SWF, PDF) in web page? <mark> <embed> <canvas>
<embed src="flash_game.swf" width="450" height="350" />
Which CSS pseudo-element adds a special style to the first line of a text? :first-letter :before :first-line
Click on the window object property which gets or sets the URL of current page. window.location window.self window.status
var url = window.location;
Indicate the PHP function used to get the contents of a file or page and store it into a string. fopen() file_put_contents() file_get_contents()
$homepage = file_get_contents("http://coursesweb.net/");