Java is a computer programming language that is concurrent, class-based, object-oriented, and specifically designed to have as few implementation dependencies as possible. It is intended to let application developers "write once, run anywhere" (WORA).
You can program just about anything in Java.
By learning Java you will can write applications or apps for, Personal Computers, Android, BlackBerry, and other systems /devices.
Java Courses - E-books
- Java 7 Programming for Absolute Beginners (2012 - PDF Source code - 3.6 MB)
- - Provides simple, step-by-step examples that make learning Java easily, offers clear code descriptions and layout so that you can get your code running as soon as possible. Its focus is on practical knowledge and its completeness-it provides all the bits and pieces an utter novice needs to get started programming in Java.
This book is for anyone who wants to learn to develop applications or apps for the enterprise or mobile using Android or BlackBerry and much more. No previous programming experience is necessary.
- Java Tutorials (132 MB)
- - The Java Tutorials are practical guides for anyone who want to learn Java, and to use the Java programming language to create applets and applications. They include hundreds of complete, working examples, and dozens of lessons. They also serve as a reference for the experienced Java programmer.
- The Java SE 7 Language Specification (2013 - PDF - 1.7 MB)
- - Provides complete and detailed coverage of the Java programming language. It fully describes the new features added in Java SE 7, including the try-with-resources statement, multi-catch, precise rethrow, "diamond" syntax, strings-in-switch, and binary literals; with many explanatory notes.
- The Java Programming Wikibook (2012 - PDF - 2.1 MB)
- - The Java Programming Wikibook is a shared effort in amassing a comprehensive guide of the complete Java platform - from programming advice and tutorials for the desktop computer to programming on mobile phones.
The primary purpose of this book is to teach the Java programming language to an audience of beginners, but its progressive layout of tutorials increasing in complexity, it can be just as helpful for intermediate and experienced programmers.
- Beginning Java EE 7 (2013 - PDF Source code - 14.5 MB)
- - Describes many of the Java EE 7 specifications and reference implementations, and shows them in action using practical examples.
This book concentrates on the most important Java EE 7 specifications and highlights the new features of this release.
- Java EE 7 Essentials (2013 - PDF Source code - 19.5 MB)
- - Provides a code-intensive overview of the key specifications in the Java EE 7 platform (one specification per chapter). The main concepts from the different specifications are explained using simple code samples, covers all the new technologies in the Java EE 7 platform - WebSocket 1.0, Batch 1.0, JSON-P 1.0, and Concurrency 1.0.
The book also contains self-paced instructions on how to build an end-to-end Java EE application using NetBeans IDE.
Video courses and tutorials
- Java How to Program (9th Edition) (JHP 1 - JHP 2 - JHP 3 - JHP 4 - JHP 5)
- - Some of the chapters from this video course:
Introduction to Computers and Java Applications, Introduction to Classes, Objects, Methods and Strings, Control Statements, Arrays and ArrayLists, Object-Oriented Programming: Inheritance, Polymorphism, Object-Oriented Design with the UML, Graphics and Java 2D, and many more ..
- Java Essential Training (JET 1 - JET 2)
- - This course shows how to install both Java and the Eclipse IDE and dives into the particulars of programming. The course contains 12 chapters, and explains the fundamentals of Java, from creating simple variables, assigning values, and declaring methods to working with strings, arrays, and subclasses; reading and writing to text files; and implementing object oriented programming concepts.
Daily Test with Code Example
Which tag is used to include external CSS file in web page? <body> <script> <link>
<link href="/templ/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
Which CSS property sets the text size? font-weight text-decoration font-size
document.getElementById("someID").innerHTML = "HTML content";
Click on the function that returns the number of characters of a string in PHP. count() strlen() stristr()
$str = "http://CoursesWeb.net/";
$nr_chr = strlen($str);
echo $nr_chr; // 22