Here you will find links to pages where you can download for free various resources to learn PHP and MySQL; ebooks in PDF-format, audio-video courses and tutorials.
- All resources posted here are not hosted on this server
Ebooks - courses in PDF format
Explore each technology separately and learn how to use them together.
- Understand the essentials of PHP and the basics of object-oriented programming Master MySQL, from database structure to complex queries.
- Create interactive web pages with PHP and MySQL by integrating forms and other HTML features.
At the end of the book, you'll put everything together to build a fully functional social networking site.
- The archive contains: pdf file, and source code with the examples from book.
- Professional_PHP6 (5.3 MB)
- This book is for web developers who already know HTML and want to build web sites that exhibit more complex behavior than is
possible with static HTML pages.
You don't need to have programming experience becouse this ebook will teach you, and goes beyond the point of showing you how to create a quick and easy web site, it helps you deliver better quality software in less time with PHP6.
It contains 45 chapters that teach readers about the basics of PHP programming and many advanced tehniques: Integrating PHP and MySQL, Object-Oriented PHP, Debugging PHP Programs, and many other things, accompanied by files with example code.
- PHP 6 and MySQL 5 for Dynamic Web Sites (12 MB)
- This book will teach you how to begin developing dynamic Web sites and give you plenty of example code to get you started.
After guiding readers through the basics programming elements (variables, operator, functions, Loops, etc.) and then the database program (MySQL), it goes on to cover security, sessions and cookies, and using additional Web tools, with several sections devoted to creating sample applications for dynamic Web sites.
- PHP Objects Patterns and Practice 3rd edition (May 2010) (7.7 MB)
- This book is suitable for anyone with at least a basic knowledge of PHP who wants to use its object-oriented features in their projects. It takes you beyond the PHP basics to the enterprise development practices used by professional programmers. Updated for PHP 5.3, it will teach you about object features such as abstract classes, namespaces, reflection, interfaces, and error handling. You’ll also discover object tools to help you learn more about your classes, objects, and methods.
Then you’ll move into design patterns and the principles that make patterns powerful. You’ll learn both classic design patterns and enterprise and database patterns with easy-to-follow examples.
- The arhive with this ebook contains also the files with example code.
- PHP Solutions Dynamic Web Design Made Easy 2nd edition (Nov 2010) (22 MB)
- If you already know a bit of PHP you can easely study this book. It gives you real value right away through a series of practical examples that you can incorporate directly into your sites, optimizing performance and adding functionality such as file uploading, email feedback forms, image galleries, content management systems, and much more.
But this book doesn’t just provide a collection of ready-made scripts; each PHP solution teachs you the basics of PHP, advanced elements and database design.
The download arhive contains also files with the source code for this book.
Video courses and tutorials
- PHP with MySQL Essential Training (PMET 1 - PMET 2)
- A PHP video course (from Lynda.com) with various tutorials grouped in 15 chapters that include:
- Viewing PHP configuration information
- Exploring data types, variables and constants
- Understanding logical expressions
- Working with loops (WHILE, FOR)
- Defining and using functions
- Building web pages
- Creating a database in MySQL
- Building a CMS (Content Management System).
Exercise Files are Included.
- PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics (PMBB 1 - PMBB 2 - PMBB 3)
- This video course is a continuation of the "PHP with MySQL Essential Training". It introduces powerful PHP programming techniques using OOP (Object Oriented Programming); how OOP techniques can streamline database queries, help manage sessions, and simplify user logins. The lessons contain also practical advice on topics ranging from structuring code to logging user actions.
- Exercise Files are Included.
- Building Facebook Applications with PHP and MySQL (BFAPM 1 - BFAPM 2)
- Learn the basics of building complex, data-driven applications with the Facebook PHP SDK and MySQL. This course first introduces the fundamentals, such as checking to see if a user is logged into an application, accessing Facebook user data through the Open Graph API, and making complex API calls with the Graph API Explorer, getting up pagination.
The course then dives into building an application with API paths and Facebook Query Language (FQL) calls, discover how to post to a user’s wall, upload photos, styling a Facebook app with CSS, and integrate with webpages.