Here you will find links to pages where you can download for free various useful resources to learn HTML and XHTML; ebooks in PDF-format, audio-video courses and tutorials.
Most of these resources include also lessons about CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), becouse the face of HTML /XHTML is shown better with CSS.
- All resources posted here are not hosted on this server
Ebooks - courses in PDF format
- HTML5 & CSS3 (2.6 MB)
- If you already worked with HTML and CSS, this book gets you started working with many useful new features of HTML5 and CSS3 right away. You'll learn to use HTML5's new markup to create better structure for your content and better interfaces for your forms.
This book teaches you how to embed audio, video, and vector graphics into your pages without using Flash and you'll discover how simple CSS3 makes it to style sections of your page.
- HTML, XHTML and CSS QuickSteps (6.3 MB)
- Studying this ebook, you can learn easily how to use HTML, XHTML, and CSS. With clear instructions it shows you how to build your own website, add graphics and links, and create tables and frames.
- The Complete reference HTML and CSS (10.6 MB)
- It's the Fifth Edition of this book, it contains full details on CSS 2.1 as well as every proprietary and emerging CSS3 property currently supported. Annotated examples of correct markup and style show you how to build Web pages. This comprehensive reference covers HTML 5 and as they say, it's an essential tool for professional Web developers.
- HTML and XHTML Pocket Reference (4th edition-2009) (2.1 MB)
- A handy book (192 pages) that offers the bare essentials on web standards in a concise format that you can use for quick reference. You can find easily every HTML and XHTML tag, and every Cascading Style Sheet value. It explains tag groups and structures, offers browser support informations and covers also HTML5.
Video courses and tutorials
- Getting Started with XHTML and CSS (GSXHC 1 - GSXHC 2)
- The first step in learning XHTML and CSS. This course demystifies XHTML code, showing you the building blocks of a web page content, and explains the role that cascading style sheets (CSS) play in building web pages. You will learn how to gain control over the appearance of your web pages and how to work with links, graphics, and alt text. You'll see how to upload your files to a server, add meta tags, and test your website.
- HTML Essential Training (2012) (HES 1 - HES 2 - HES 3)
- 17 chapters with video tutorials and example files that help you to learn XHTML. This course (from Lynda.com) explains what HTML is, how it’s structured, and presents the major tags and features of the language. Discover how to format text and lists, add images and flow text around them, link to other pages and sites, embed audio and video, and create HTML forms. New elements in HTML5, the latest version of HTML, and prepare you to start working with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- HTML5 First Look (H5FL 1 - H5FL 2 - H5FL 3 - H5FL 4).
- The HTML5 First Look course (from Lynda.com) introduces the newest HTML specification, providing a high-level overview of HTML5 in its current state, how it differs from HTML 4, the current level of support in various browsers and mobile devices, and how the specification might evolve in the future. Exercise files accompany the course.
- HTML5 Fundamentals (H5F 1 - H5F 2).
- HTML5 Projects Video Bumpers (330 MB).
- The video lessons in MOV format can be watched with QuickTime player.
- You can download it from: apple.com/quicktime/download/