SSEP Search only in certain categories or domains

Place for comments, problems, questions, or any issue related to the JavaScript / PHP scripts from this site.
Antandt

SSEP Search only in certain categories or domains

Is it possible to search only a certain category or domain with this script?

For example - search the entire database or only under what I crawled from okgenweb.net

Admin Posts: 805
The ssep script does not search the entire database, but a single registered domain which can be specified in config.php.
In 'ssep/php/config.php' there is the following variable:

Code: Select all

$search_domain = 'auto'; // in which registered domain to search ('auto' = current domain where the script is installed)
When the value is set to 'auto', the script searches the registers of the current domain.
If you want to search other registered and indexed domain, you can set the variable like this:

Code: Select all

$search_domain ='okgenweb.net';

Antandt Posts: 8
Thanks! I appreciate your help
This is an awesome script and I'll let you know when I have it going on my website.

I was wondering if that $search_domain variable could be passed in the search form such as a dropdown list? The reason I say this is because I would like to crawl all the pages of the okgenweb however I'd like to give the user the option of only searching in certain counties of oklahoma. Does that make any sense?

Admin Posts: 805
It is possible if the countries are in different subdomains.
The ssep script can search on certain domain or subdomain, but not in different categories of the same domain.
If the countries are categories (directories) in the same domain, the script as it is, it cannot search in certain category (countries).
Anyway, the script is free, i not involve myself to make such personal changes.

Antandt Posts: 8
Yes I understand. The script is free and I'm thankful you released it for everyone!

Thanks!