SSEP index and edit search results data

Place for comments, problems, questions, or any issue related to the JavaScript / PHP scripts from this site.
magisthan

SSEP index and edit search results data

Hi,
The SSEP script seems to work.
last 2 questions:

1. If I update my website, do I have to re-index the whole domain or is there a option to index just the new sites?
2. is there an option to edit in which way the results were displayed? Meaning that there are only links to the page are displayed and no other text like - Score: 52 - Size: 88.93 KB etc.?

Many Thanks.

Admin Posts: 805
1. You can index specified URL addresses, from the manual indexing.
2. I not understand way you want to edit the results with the list of indexed pages; anyway the results just confirm if the pages are indexed or not.
But if you refer to the results from the search form, it displays the link, description, and a little text from its content (if the page contains).

magisthan Posts: 7
Admin wrote:
26 Jul 2019, 12:09
1. You can index specified URL addresses, from the manual indexing.
Well as you maybe can see I am running a forum. So when things change there will be a change in many threads at the same time. So if I have 10 new threads I have to manually index these threads, right? Wouldn´t it better in that case to index the whole domain again?
2. I not understand way you want to edit the results with the list of indexed pages; anyway the results just confirm or not that the pages are indexed.
But if you refer to the results from the search form, it displays the link, description, and a little text from its content (if the page contains).
Yes I refer to the results from the search. As you see in the picture I get these information displayed as a result. For me it would be nice if I could change some of the informations given like description or the little text. Is that somehow possible?
Attachments
2019-07-26_173003.png
2019-07-26_173003.png (19.46 KiB) Viewed 1327 times

Admin Posts: 805
The SSEP script is not suitable for a forum because the forum has dynamically content that can change very frequently.
SSEP has not option to edit the indexed data. It has a script for Cron Job (ssep_cron.php) that can be used to automatically index the site at a certain time interval. But you must add it in the Cron Jobs, which usually is in the Control Panel of the site administrator.

A forum should have its own search engine.
My advice is to use a forum with search feature, like PHPBB or MyBB.
From what I saw on internet, the YaBB Communicator has its Search option, maybe you have to activate it.