CKEditor Image Browse - Browse Button Missing

Place for comments, problems, questions, or any issue related to the JavaScript / PHP scripts from this site.
apogee

CKEditor Image Browse - Browse Button Missing

The browse button is missing from my Image window. There's a spot for it, but the button does not show up. It's inline-styled to have a display of none, and when I remove that to make it show, clicking on it does nothing. I have no php or javascript errors in my logs. This happens when I both download it from the CKEditor site, or the pre-installed version from here.

What would be a trigger to keep it from showing up or working? JS version (1.12.4)? PHP version (5.6.30)?

It used to work, but I hadn't checked on it in a year or so on our website, and now I cannot get it to work again.

browse button code:

Code: Select all

<a style="margin-top: 14px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; display: none; user-select: none;" href="javascript:void(0)" title="Browse Server" hidefocus="true" class="cke_dialog_ui_button" role="button" aria-labelledby="cke_96_label" id="cke_97_uiElement"><span id="cke_96_label" class="cke_dialog_ui_button">Browse Server</span></a>

Admin Posts: 805
Hello,
The problem is not from the Image Browse plugin, nor from php.
It might be from the CKEditor (from its configs) or from other JS script in page, or from browser.
Did you try with other browser?
- In the Demo page of the CKEditor from this site: https://coursesweb.net/scripts/ckeditor_ ... index.html , the Browse Server button has this code, and it is working:

Code: Select all

<a style="display: inline-block; margin-top: 14px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; -moz-user-select: none;" href="javascript:void(0)" title="Browse Server" hidefocus="true" class="cke_dialog_ui_button" role="button" aria-labelledby="cke_103_label" id="cke_104_uiElement"><span id="cke_103_label" class="cke_dialog_ui_button">Browse Server</span></a>

apogee Posts: 3
Yes, that version is working. I downloaded the CKEditor package from https://coursesweb.net/javascript/ckedit ... -browse_s2 and it doesn't seem to be working when using that, either.
I'm assuming that package is the same one installed at the demo link?
I'm going to see if I can disable individual javascripts on the page to see if there's a conflict. It USED to work, but there have been additional things installed since, as well as an upgrade on that javascript version, so not sure yet.

apogee Posts: 3
I've figured it out. I ran side-by-side comparison to the working version and mine.
I noticed that the CKEDITOR.replace() parameters were in quotes on the demo, but only half was in quotes on mine. Removed the quotes around filebrowserImageBrowseUrl, to match the rest of the parameters, and the button shows up now.