The Bind Tool is in the "Tools panel", in the same location with the "Bone tool".
The Bind tool can be used only with bones created inside a shape.
When you place bones inside shapes, Flash automatically creates Control Points around the contour of the shape, as shown in the picture below.
The Control Points establish the perimeter of the shape as you create different poses.
The Bind tool can be used to edit the connections between individual Bones and control points, to influence which parts of the graphic are controlled by which bones.
The Control Points are visible when you click with the Bind tool on a shape with bones, they appear like in the image below.
- View Control Points
- Bind a control point to a Bone.
- To view the Control Points, choose the Bind tool in the Tools panel, and then click a bone in the armature.
The control points bound to the selected bone are highlighted in yellow. The other control points in the armature are colored blue.
Square control points are bound to a single bone.
Triangular control points are bound to more than one bone.
- Use the Zoom option (right-top of the Stage), or the "Zoom tool" to view clearly the control points.
- Unbind (remove) control points from a bone
- With the Bind tool click on the control point, and drag to the bone (you see a yellow line following the cursor, like a tendon).
This method removes other connections of that control point to other bones.
To keep the existing connection of a control point, click with the Bind tool on the bone you want to connect, then hold down the Shift key and click the control point.
- Bind a bone to a control point
- Select a bone with the Bind tool, then Ctrl+click a control point that's highlighted in yellow.
- Unbind (remove) a bone from a control point.
- Use the Bind tool to select a control point, then Shift+click a bone.
- Select a control point with the Bind tool, and then Ctrl+click a bone that is highlighted in yellow.
If you want, you can add more control points or delete them.
- Add control point
- Delete control point
- Choose "Add Anchor Point Tool" from the Tools panel (in the same location with the "Pen tool"), then click on the armature. When the contour with the control points is visible, click exactly on the line contour, where you want to add a control point.
- Choose "Delete Anchor Point Tool" from the Tools panel (in the same location with the "Pen tool"), then click on the armature. When the contour with the control points is visible, click on the control point you want to delete.
• With the "Subselection Tool" you can move the control points on the boundary of the shape to adjust the shape.