CSS Online Video Course and Tutorials
Want to learn CSS but don't have time to read a book? You can learn with the help of the online video tutorials posted here.
CSS Video Crash Course
In this course with 8 online video lessons, you'll learn CSS from scratch, in less than 3 hours.
- An Introduction to CSS (16:30)
In this introductory video tutorial, you`ll learn about how CSS changes the way you design web sites.
• Understand basic CSS terminology: selectors, properties, and rules.
• Choose whether to code using inline, embedded, or external styles.
- CSS Selectors 1 (21:33)
CSS selectors let you specify one or more elements to receive a particular style, while leaving the rest of the page unchanged.
• Override the default style of any HTML tag with your own look.
• Single out individual elements in your pages to style separately.
- CSS Selectors 2 (16:55)
This third lesson continue with more complex things about selectors.
• Create new types of HTML elements to receive special styles.
• Add dynamic effects such as hyperlink mouseover styles.
- Text Properties 1 (19:16)
In this and the next video tutorial you`ll learn about the properties that control the look of text. Colors, fonts, and other special effects.
• Take complete control of fonts, colors, alignment, and indentation.
• Apply and combine italic, bold, and small-caps effects to any HTML tag.
- Text Properties 2 (13:34)
It continues with more CSS properties that control the look of text.
• Experiment with line, word, and character spacing to achieve a unique look.
- Inheritance (11:02)
This lessons explains the power and the limits of the special inherit property value.
• Distinguish between inherited and noninherited properties.
• Use inheritance to cut down on repetitive code in your style sheets.
- The Cascade (23:45)
Cascading is the process that controls how multiple rules in your style sheets can apply properties to a single element in the page.
• Control the priority of your CSS rules with selector specificity.
• Understand the "!important" modifier, and why you should avoid it.
- What`s Next? (9:45 mins)
Complete your knowledge of the many CSS properties with a good reference, you`ll find out where good resources can be found to build your CSS expertise.
• Learn tricks from the work of CSS experts.
• Take full advantage of Dreamweaver`s CSS support, and that of free tools like Firebug.
- This course is offered for free, by: sitepoint.com/videos/videocss1/