Here you will find links to pages where you can download for free various resources to learn CSS (Cascading Style Sheets); ebooks in PDF-format, audio-video courses and tutorials.
Most of these resources include also lessons about HTML becouse the CSS code is created to be used with HTML /XHTML.
- All resources posted here are not hosted on this server.
Ebooks - courses in PDF format
- The CSS Pocket Guide (1.8 MB)
- With the help of this ebook you can learn quickly the core concepts of CSS, how to format text with Cascading Style Sheets, how to apply CSS style rules to markup, how to build multicolumn layouts without using tables and many others css design tehniques.
- CSS Cookbook 3rd edition (Dec-2009) (26 MB)
- This ebook offers hundreds of practical examples for using CSS to format your web pages, and includes code samples you can use right away. Learn the basics, such as the CSS rule structure, how to create effects for images and other page elements, explore features of HTML5 and CSS3 and many others useful CSS techniques.
- HTML5-CSS3 (2.6 MB)
- If you already worked with HTML and CSS, this book gets you started working with many useful new features of HTML5 and CSS3 right away. You'll learn to use HTML5's new markup to create better structure for your content and better interfaces for your forms.
This book teaches you how to embed audio, video, and vector graphics into your pages without using Flash and you'll discover how simple CSS3 makes it to style sections of your page.
Video courses and tutorials
- CSS for Designers (CSSD 1 - CSSD 2 - CSSD 3).
- The CSS for Designers course guides you through some of the most complex and useful techniques used in progressive Web design. The 18 chapters give designers the tools they need to create accessible, manageable, and beautiful websites.
- CSS: Noob to Ninja (CSSNJ 1 - CSSNJ 2).
- These CSS video tutorials will take you from a state of absolute CSS noobness, all the way up to ninjastatus, capable of taking advantage of the latest CSS3 techniques. The course begins with the basics: the syntax, properties, etc. Each video lesson expands upon the previous, in the final video tutorials you will learn about a variety of CSS3 techniques, how to use custom fonts, working with CSS frameworks, and how to extend CSS with applications like LESS.
- CSS Core Concepts (773 MB)
- This video course presents the concepts that form the foundation of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), including styling text, adding margins and padding, and controlling how images display. The course also explores the tools needed to work with CSS, the differences between embedded and external styles, how to use selectors to target elements, and what to do when styles conflict.
Exploring default styling, writing a selector, setting properties, working with common units of measurement, including ems and pixels, structuring HTML correctly, and more ...
E-books and Tutorials about Responsive Design
- Responsive Web Design (2.5 MB)
- An e-book in PDF format, with short explanations, that teaches you how to set in CSS to have a "fluide grid" and Flexible images.
- Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS (31 MB)
- Learn responsive design using HTML5 and CSS3 to adapt websites to any browser or screen size.
Some titles from the chapters of this e-book: Embracing Fluid Layouts, CSS3 Selectors, Typography, Color ModesHTML5 for Responsive Designs, and many more ...
- Responsive Design Workflows (128 MB)
- This video course from Lynda shows how to evolve your current workflow to incorporate responsive design practices, without adding too much complexity or overhea.
You can learn about concepts like scaling and interaction mediums, planning for color and typefaces, working qwith a team, and setting client expectations.
- Applied Responsive Design (ARD 1 - ARD 2 - ARD 3 - ARD 4).
- The video tutorials from this course demonstrate the practical applications of responsive design and show how to enrich the appearance and behavior of your website across multiple devices. First, discover how to plan your design and take advantage of CSS media queries to create multiple layouts. Then make your site navigation respond to changing screen sizes with CSS and jQuery, and display media like images and video fluidly. Discover how to take advantage of mobile capabilities like touch events and HTML5 forms to enhance the experience of mobile visitors.
- The video lessons in MOV format can be watched with QuickTime player.
- You can download it from: apple.com/quicktime/download/